This self-study training will show you how to prepare food more safely and hygienically in your home.
After completing this course learners should understand how to:
- Stay clean and hygienic
- Keep a work area clean
- Reduce contamination and understand how it happens.
After completing this training there is an online test and, once successful, you can download and print your certificate to be displayed in your business.
This course is not appropriate for food handlers working in the food industry. If you are working with food, or intend to work with food, you will need to complete Level 2 Food Hygiene training. Click here for details of courses available.
This module covers the following subjects:
- Learning objectives and introduction
- Why food safety is important – the consequences of poor safety and hygiene and the causes of food-borne illness.
- Food safety hazards and contamination – we take you through the common safety hazards, how they happen and how to avoid them.
- Personal hygiene – from hand washing to hair brushing, we look at the importance of keeping your personal hygiene standards high when working with food.
- Hygienic premises and equipment – the rules of good housekeeping, from cleaning your equipment to maintaining pest-free conditions.
Approximately 2 hours. However, the learning is self-paced so the course can be completed at your convenience and your progress will be recorded throughout.
This course is important for people who want to improve their knowledge of food safety and hygiene in a domestic environment.
If you are working with food, or intend to work with food, you will need to complete Level 2 Food Hygiene training. Click here for details of courses available.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
This course content has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Once you have successfully completed your course you can download and print your Virtual College certificate.